[Proposal] Prester John

Proposal to host an exhibition/event at Uncommon Gallery

1. Your name
Bandy Garnet - AIcreator Facebook Group

2. The person who referred you to Uncommon Gallery
I was introduced to Jin ShinyTiger through the artist IUM and decided to apply.

3. Your Discord tag
BandyGarnet

4. Your email address
bandygarnet@gmail.com

5. Your bio
I have been working as a designer for 25 years. Currently, I am active as both a designer and an AI creator, and I am part of the administrative team of the AIcreator Facebook Group. The AIcreator Facebook Group is a community where we share and experiment with the industrial and future developments through AI.

6. Title of proposed exhibition/event
Prester John - a mythical figure from the Middle Ages, provided many Europeans with hope, inspiration, and a reason for exploration. This exhibition is a quest to document the Prester John of the AI era.

6. Event duration
I am aiming for an exhibition in May, considering a duration of one week.

7. Introduction to your proposed exhibition/event.
Emerging as a prominent figure in medieval Europe, Prester John became a symbol of hope amidst uncertain times for Europeans. His story instilled courage and vision, offering a beacon of hope to those feeling powerless in the face of Islamic threats and the failures of the Crusades. Widely recognized as a devout Christian, Prester John was rumored to be endeavoring to establish a vast Christian kingdom that stretched to distant lands like Asia, Africa, and India. This notion filled Europeans of the time with immense hope, igniting their imaginations with the possibility of Christians conquering vast continents. Prince Henry of Portugal believed in these rumors and dispatched Vasco da Gama to find Prester John. Although they did not ascertain Prester John’s exact location, the expedition eventually led to the historic achievement of charting a route to India. This breakthrough heralded the Age of Discovery, turning a new page in world history. You can see the extensive influence of imagination on the world through the story of Prester John. We are now entering the era of AI-generated images, a pivotal moment in the exploration of new creative frontiers. At this crucial time, I am on the hunt for today’s Prester Johns—those imaginative creators whose works exist solely online—and transforming their creations into an artbook. By encapsulating the works of these fictional beings, I find myself deeply engrossed in thought and imagination, dreaming up new possibilities. I hope this artbook inspires a wealth of imagination and hope for many who are charting and navigating their futures.

8. Expected number of attendees
This exhibition will feature a total of 280 works by 9 AI Creators. It is expected that more than 200 people will visit through the Facebook Group.

10. Expected Outcomes of the Exhibition
First, this exhibition will make both the general public and those interested in AI feel that the era of AI is approaching. Second, it will provide direction on how AI tools can be utilized in practical work. Third, it will encourage contemplation on how AI creations can be applied in our daily lives. Fourth, it will be an opportunity to share knowledge about the usage of AI tools. Fifth, it will serve as a forum to discuss how AI-generated outcomes can evolve online.

11. Exhibition/event details
This exhibition is planned to include an opening, conference, artist talks, and a closing networking party.
Artist Bandy Garnet / Creative Director Lee Yeong Un / Creative Director OH JI HOON / Concept Artist ZEE9 - JI BONG KU / Concept Artist Sukjang Yoon / IT Product Director / AI Creator Cho namkyoung / AI Creator IUM / Artist / Creative Director Sa Jonghoon / Creative Designer / AI Creator HEEBOK LEE / Creative Director
Highlight of the exhibition Through this exhibition, I want to create a space for diverse knowledge sharing and interaction among AI Creators. The artist talks are going to be an enjoyable time.
Quotes from artist Where does the Prester John of the AI era exist…
Sub-events (Artist talk, Reception, Meetup, etc.) schedules and abstract The artist talks and the networking party will facilitate a variety of experiences and the sharing of opinions between the artists and visitors. Following this, I plan to actively foster interactions among people through the networking party.

12. Contribution to AI Network and Uncommon Gallery: Uncommon Gifts
Participating in the Uncommon Gift System seems like it will be a very interesting collaborative work. The 9 artists welcome the opportunity to work on the gift system with Uncommon.

We would like to participate in Ai.P Collaboration production as well.

1 Like

Hi, Bandy Garnet!
Thanks for the proposal. However, it seems incomplete.
Please add more details about the “12. Uncommon Gifts” in a comment.

Thank you! Added information about participation in Ai.P Collaboration production.