1. Your name
Angela Kim from Chiko Project
2. The person who referred you to Uncommon Gallery
Min Hyun Kim / the Founder of Uncommon Gallery
3. Your Discord tag
4. Your email address
5. Title of proposed exhibition/event
Useless by Chiko
6. Event duration
October 24 - 27, 2023
7. Your bio
Chiko Project: generative art project centred around the artist named Chiko.
The project is powered by Uprise, a fintech company providing investment services of both traditional finance and Web3 sector.
8. Expected number of attendees
- We are expecting 100+ attendees at the opening and closing reception (24th, 27th)
- Throughout the exhibition, we are expecting 50 visitors per day
- Target audience:
- Collectors: NFT & Traditional Art
- Enthusiasts: NFT & Traditional Art
- Gallery goers
- For the opening & closing reception, we will be inviting artist’s family and friends
9. Introduction to your proposed exhibition/event.
The exhibition will be Chiko’s inaugural solo show, celebrating the launch of the artist’s first generative art collection. Through the exhibition, we aim to present Chiko to the wider audience and also introduce generative art to the audience in Korea.
‘Useless’ is composed of 1024 generative art created using crypto market data and represent various intense emotions as experienced by the artist, who also works as a quantitative researcher by day.
The term “generative art” has been gaining a lot of attention from both NFT and Traditional Art scene. Through ‘Useless’, we are not simply showing generative art (art generated with algorithms) but that of real data, thereby distinguishing itself from the general generative art and emphasising the versatility of using data to create art.
10. Exhibition/event details
- Exhibition dates: October 24 - 27th
- Opening Reception:
- Date: October 24th, 2023
- Time: 6pm - 9pm (If the opening hour can be extended to 9pm)
- Catering (Food & Beverages)
- General Information at the desk: whitelist, minting information
- Talk session: 7pm - 7:40pm
- Brief introduction to Generative Art: 7pm - 7:05pm
- Introducing ‘Useless’: 7:05pm - 7:20pm
- Artist Interview & QnA: 7:20pm - 7:40pm
- Casual networking: 8pm - 9pm
- Giveaway: 8:30pm - 8:40pm
- Talk session: 7pm - 7:40pm
11. Your event’s proposed contribution to AI Network and Uncommon Gallery
Benefits for AIN DAO members & visitors:
- Educational: will be able to learn about a different aspect of generative art, generative art created using real data, through artist talk
- Unique experience: enjoying generative art through digital display as well as physical display (via display of prints)
- Gifts for visitors through giveaway event: actual artwork & goods
- Benefits for the Brand: increasing its reputation and position within the NFT Art scene by expanding the type of NFT Art shown at the Uncommon Gallery.
Marketing: increasing the visibility of Uncommon Gallery and AI Network
- Overseas: via twitter spaces and publishing press release in partnership with organisations like NFT Asia and Non-Fungible HK
- Within Korea: via Youtube and publishing press release about the exhibition